What makes a Dragon?
Basically, what's the criteria that I keep in mind when deciding wether or not a "Dragon" should be added to the site.
What I keep in mind:
- The Dragon must come from an anime series, movie or OVA: If I'm being honest, I actually read more manga than I watch anime, but keeping it anime only
makes it easier to organize at least for me, plus is easier to find better images
- The Dragon must be considered as such within it's Universe regardless of appearance: Sometimes Dragons don't follow the standard appearence that one
might think of when describing a Dragon, but if in the World from where this creature belongs to is considered a Dragon, then I will treat it as such; one example of this are the multiple different kinds of Dragons that appear in the "Drifting Dragon" series. For the same reason, creatures that might look like Dragons but are not considered as such will not be aded to the site.
- The Dragon can be a transformation or side form: Characters that possess more than one form, and that form being a Dragon, are considered as such and are elegible to be added to the site, as long as said form or transformation is a natural part of themselves; an exaple of this is Haku from the movie "Spirited
- The Dragon cannot be "fake": This means that things such as illusions, spells, or non sentient objects that happen to look like Dragons (for example) are not considered Dragons because, well, they're not real.
- The Dragon cannot be a half breed: To keep things organized, only "pure" Dragons are considered to be added to the site, so for example a character like
Mink from "Dragon Half", who is half Dragon and half human, cannot be added to the site, her mother however, being a "purebreed" Dragon, can be added in.
- The dragon cannot be a Pokemon or any other monster collectable: Stuff like Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh monsters, Yokais form Yokai Watch and so will not be added in, for the simple fact that they represent a species and not a single individual, which means that multiple of the same kind can appear throught the series and it whoulf be a pain to add them all; and also because it is not really specified wether or not those are Dragons to begin with. For example, the Pokemon Charizard does look like a Dragon, but is not classified as a Dragon type, does it mean the typing is what determine it's Dragon status? Let's just keep them as just Pokemon or their own thing altogether.